So I made tacos today, only to find that my sour cream had gone bad. How long does it take sour cream to go bad, you ask? I don't think it's ever happened to me before - I mean, it's sour to start with! But there it was, a nasty solid mass of dried up grayish guck swimming in a pool of yellowish liquid. (Hope you weren't eating....)
Before tossing it, I of course had to check the "Sell By" date - which turned out to be mid-January. So there you have it. Thinking back, I'm guessing I bought it while Heidi was here over Thanksgiving. We planned all sorts of yummy meals and never got around to half of them. So I'm going to just blame it on her. :P
Tacos aren't nearly as good without sour cream. :(
2 comments:
I agree that tacos definitely need sour cream. I haven't had any go bad on me since I started buying the Tillamook brand. I ask a lot of it cuz I don't use it that fast but so far that one hasn't let me down. gram
Unfortunately, you get that "leave things in the fridge until they go bad" gene from me.
Post a Comment