I just had the most beautiful drive home - well, at least the last little bit. I was driving over the dam right at sunset. To one side of the dam is Keystone Lake, smallish by Pacific Northwest standards but a body of water that actually contains water nonetheless. We had just enough wispy cloud cover today to produce one of those multi-colored sunsets, with streaks of pink and peach and lavendar, and with the lake positively glowing from the setting sun. Around the lake are all these hills just blanketed in trees, and we're at the perfect stage of the leaves changing color - some still green and the others every gorgeous shade of crimson and orange and gold. Then, just across the dam I turn to curve down to the river side of it and drive through a small camping area, and the deer were out romping around in a park field.
It couldn't have been more lovely, and it was one of those moments that fills me with gratitude to live on such a beautiful earth.
Edited to Add: Apparently this was not a sign of things to come, because I've just managed to drop my bowl of ice cream upside down on the carpet. Aubrey's enjoying this, though!
2 comments:
And I'm coming tomorrow so I get to see it!
Very beautifully descriptive. It's lovely down by the river here. It's part of your lot in life to keep Aubrey happy. What flavor?
Post a Comment