It took some desperately busy circumstances on my part, but I finally managed to let something go and not go over the top this year. I didn't even take pictures! The YW planned the decorations and program - and I did absolutely nothing with the decorations, and only limited cheer leading on the program. And while the original plan was to make cream puffs for refreshments, this time around I realized I was just too busy to deal with making anything (even with help from the YW on the refreshments committee!) - so we had angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream instead, all of which I purchased roughly an hour before the big event. I ended up not even being there to help decorate, because a YW called for a ride at the last minute. And it all went just fine, of course.
My conclusion from all this is that I've finally learned enough to be released? ;)
2 comments:
Wait, a simple program??? With YW doing a lot of the work??? I can't get my brain around it. :-D
Sounds good to me. I will be surprised if your Bishop releases you till you've been in Iowa for some time. He probably is praying that you will commute! Poor man. I know how hard it is to find leaders, especially really good ones. Really committed ones!
Post a Comment