So, there have definitely been moments I reached for the computer to jump online. But not once has it been something important enough to go out of my way (ie., make the trip to school) to do. I did have to stop in at school to send my points to Mavis last Sunday, but it's right next to Church and I'd already planned ahead for that.
On the other hand, I'm a little surprised at how much "free" time I have, and how much I'm getting done with it. I don't like to sit and "just" watch TV very much - that was a lot of the time I was on the internet. Now I sometimes waste that time with solitaire - but more often I wander off to do something productive and end up missing the rest of the show without regret. After all, everything I proactively want to watch is scheduled on the DVR.
In other words, this is going OK for now. And when I do have those moments of reaching for the computer, when I realize I can't log on, I stop and think - is this (whatever I was going to do) worth $60 a month? My nights/weekends are email-stress free!
(Let me add, though - were there an NBA season right now, I might feel much differently...)
No comments:
Post a Comment