background

January 20, 2012

Finally getting to some projects around the house....

The kitchen is not totally done, because I still need to deal with the remainder of the tile backsplash, then repair the walls and figure out what I want to do there - a new backsplash?  Can I get the walls good enough for paint alone?  Partial tile and partial paint?  And I still need to do baseboards.

But!  I did finally get around to stripping wallpaper in the dining area (Wasn't it awful?  Above the chair railing was floral wallpaper), repairing those walls, texturing them, and painting!  I still have the chair rail and trim to do (bistro white), but wanted to give the wall paint a chance to cure first.  I know it's traditional to the point of quaint, but I think it suits the house and I love it.  And my opinion is all that really matters, although you are welcome to agree with me.  ;)  It's kind of hard to tell in the photos, but above the chair rail is a light green color - it's much greener in person.

I also painted the pantry nook and got the white shelves put up there and loaded.  It looks good enough to me that I'm going to leave the area open and show off the uniform shelf facing skills I learned from my brother.  I'm trying to decide whether the rest of that back entry way should be the same green as the pantry or the lighter green - I'm leaning toward the lighter color.

The rest of the kitchen is high on the list, especially now that I'm so sold on the cutesy factor.  But the guest room is high on the list, too, and I want to pull up the carpet in the master bedroom to get to the beautiful hardwood floor underneat.  So many projects!  Why was I not motivated last summer when I had all the time in the world?

Coming soon - more pictures with the new paint jobs in the 3 bedrooms, plus my fancy new closet that actually holds ALL of my clothes!  No more t-shirts hanging out in the coat closet in the hall :)  And I'm going to try to get the curtains for the closet "doors" done this weekend and hung.  But I also need to get everything cleaned well before school starts back up next week - you know how the normal cleaning gets ignored during a big project, plus you have the project mess itself on top of that.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I love it. I can hardly wait to see the rest of the rooms.

Heidi said...

Super cute! I agree, it suits the house well.