Today was annual trip to the vet day at my house. We all, collectively, really hate to go to the vet. I suspect Bodie's and Aubrey's reasons differ from mine, but we are in agreement that the whole shebang is less than fun.
This time, as usual, started with wrangling two unwilling cats into carriers. I always have to start with Bodie, because he's the more suspicious. Aubrey is harder to catch in a pure speed sense, but she lacks Bodie's sense of self preservation. If that cat gets under the bed and gets his claws into the carpet, the only option is to move the bed.
Then, as usual, we spent an excessively long 10-minute trip in the car. My cargo area is still full of the last home reno stuff that needs to go to the dump so I had to put them in the front seat stacked on top of each other. And that was enough to convince my car I had a passenger that needed to buckle up. It was a lovely, guilt-ridden trip filled with caterwauling and seat-belt-reminder beeping.
It has been a gorgeous day - no rain forecast, no hint of clouds - so I left the sunroof open while inside the vet's office. I'm sure you can guess where this is going....
Over an hour later we are finally home. Both cats hate me. My butt is soggy from sitting in a rain soaked seat. My checkbook is significantly lighter. (Technically, my credit card is heavier - but same diff.) And Bodie now has a joint supplement to take twice daily in case his decreased activity is arthritis-related. It's not expensive, and the plan is just to try it for one jar (40 days worth) and see if it makes a difference - but that means I have to hide medicine in his food twice daily for 40 days.
(I still really love them and think they are totally worth it - I just wanted to complain a bit. And it's been a while since I tortured you with a cat post!)
1 comment:
Wendy,
That is great. I had a good laugh. It reminds me of the good ole days where Clancy was the one causing the problems. That was a great read, thanks for sharing.
Scott
Post a Comment