background

November 26, 2012

You know what sucks?

Those "pick morning or afternoon" appointments.  My appointment to have my door professionally measured was this "afternoon."  So I left work at noon.  It's $35 to have them come measure, which is then rolled toward the cost of the door as long as you keep the appointment.  If they have to reschedule, the $35 becomes a fee instead of a deposit.  (Fortunately, I do have the type of job where I can work at home!)

At 2:15 they called to confirm they would be coming, and told me I was at the bottom of their list.  The earliest they would be here was 4:00.

Was I not on the bottom of the list this morning?  Could they not call earlier?

They just arrived at 4:46.  They just left at 4:52.

They got the exact measurements that I took in as an estimate.  :)

Good news - one step closer to a new door.  Bad news - it took so long to get the pre-measure appointment that we are now getting into seriously cold weather.  Not looking forward to the installation!

No comments: