Complete with bugs, hotter weather, and a noticeable jump in humidity. I just love springtime in Oklahoma, and it never lasts long enough. It's still pleasant in the mornings, at least.
We're 1/3 of the way through May block classes. These 3 week intersessions are kind of nice. It makes for full days during the term, but they're over before I have a chance to get truly behind on anything. We hit the bare minimum of 10 for the class to make, so even grading the bigger papers is a breeze after having 100+ students during the regular semester. And my friend, Heidi, is coming to visit for Memorial Day Weekend, and we always have a good time.
Once this month wraps up, it's on to preparing for my last comp exam (in Crime and Deviance) and getting started on my dissertation. Plus, June brings both Girls Camp and Stake Youth Conference. I'm going to RA for one of the profs in July as well, who has been researching Oklahoma's alternative drug court for a few years. He's ready to start working the data around for publication, so it should be really interesting. And then in August, just before classes start back up, I'll take the comp exam.
So that's my summer plan, in a nutshell. It's going to be a really busy summer for me, but not much that is very interesting to talk about, I'm afraid. I'll try to spare you all the lovely details of which recommended readings I've completed or how many notecards of details to memorize I've made. Some of the readings look interesting, but then I realize my definition of interesting is not always the commonly accepted one!
No comments:
Post a Comment