background

July 21, 2008

I'm publishing!

In what is just about the most exciting news a PhD student can get (other than actually graduating or getting a job offer of course!), I found out this morning that an article I've been working on with my thesis adviser (taken from part of my thesis) has been accepted for publication! I now get to join the ranks of those academics who have published an article in a scholarly journal that no one normal will ever read. :) It will be a huge help to have this on my C.V. when applying for jobs, plus it's just darn cool.

So, be on the look-out for the fall issue of The Journal of Political & Military Sociology, for "The Local-National Interface of Social Control: The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Winston-Salem Branch of the Black Panther Party" by Wendy J. Brame and Thomas E. Shriver. (I'm sure you all just can't wait to read it!)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That's AWESOME! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

You GO girl! That is another bragging point, which I promise you I will use whenever the opportunity arises and should it not arise, I shall raise it!! Publish on! gram