It's that time of year when it starts to feel like summer will never end - although that feeling comes every year, so clearly summer does end at some point. I think the problem is that it has "felt" hot and humid for quite a while by this point, and it's only July. I think Mother Nature sees my suffering, laughs cruelly, and vows to show me that there is a whole 'nother level of "hot." So the summer intensity steps up to full bore, and I start to dream of things like climbing in the freezer.
The problem here is not so much the highs (although they are high!), but the "lows," a term I use sarcastically. Not a single predicted low under 70, with a couple of days looking for a low of 76. It's the never cooling off part that drives me nuts - waking up and it's already mid-80s, taking the trash out at midnight and sweating. What in the world did people do before AC?
2 comments:
There are three degrees of hot: hot, real hot, and damn hot!
I grew up in So. Cal before AC was the 'norm' and I don't remember it being as hot as now. I realize that that was before the rocks were hard but still I'm sure it's hotter now. Global warming? gram
Post a Comment