background

October 31, 2008

Just a few random thoughts...

I think I'll be seeing most of you shortly, but it's been a while since I posted anything. Nothing much too exciting is happening, plus I've been really busy lately. So here are the things that I've actually thought about posting and never found the time to do so, in abbreviated form. Sorry about the formatting - I spent a long time trying to make it look better then finally gave up!

Gas is now $1.99 here - I honestly never expected to see it under $2.00 again. And I completely don't understand how it can be so volatile that it cost twice as much less than 2 months ago. Too bad the cost of other stuff isn't dropping, too!

Colds suck. Drugs are good. But honestly, can't they do better for a generic name than "Mucus Relief"?!?!?!? I mean, it's lovely that it accurately describes the goal of said medication, but somehow saying "Excuse me while I take my Tylenol" sounds so much more polite than "Excuse me while I take my mucus relief."

Everyone should own a papasan chair. They are equal parts wrestling pit and comfy nap location. Humans can use them, too, but only if the felines deign to share.

Sometimes, no matter how much you growl or how fierce you sound, the kids just ignore you and do what they want to do. (I know you can't tell from the photo, but Aubrey getting into the kitty bed was about a 10 mintue process with Bodie growling the whole time and Aubrey patiently inching her way closer. When she actually crawled in, he looked at me like "I told her I didn't want her here and she just wouldn't listen! Now what do I do?")

No comments: