After losing 6 players to graduation/the draft, and with only one guy back who played significant minutes, this was suppose to be a "rebuilding" year for the Jayhawks. They started slow, but then surprised everyone by winning the Big XII regular season outright. Unfortunately, they turned right around and lost to Baylor (which isn't even good enough to make the NCAA field this year) in the second round of the Big XII championships, so a #1 seed is definitely not coming their way again. I'm thinking a #3 seed is likely - possibly a #2, but I'll be downright mad if it's a #4. I'll know for sure in an hour or so - not only the seed, but which other teams will be in their quarter of the bracket, and I'll almost certainly spend the rest of the night calculating their odds of advancing through each round.
So, Rock Chalk Jayhawk, KU! And in case anyone catches any of the games, these are the good guys - no rooting against will be tolerated (Matt)!


I'm also busy praying they get a Thursday night or Friday opening game. I promised my YW a while back that I'd take them back to the Bishop's Storehouse in OKC over spring break (assuming the Storehouse could use us) - we got assigned to bail the ward out on a ward assignment last summer when no adults could be coerced into going, and the YW loved it. As it turns out, the day they could use us is also the opening round of the NCAA tournament. But somewhere deep inside I do have my priorities straight, so I promptly said yes, we would love to come Thursday morning to help weigh fruits and vegetables and then fill orders. I'm hoping being willing to serve is blessed with a friendly basketball schedule, but if not then I'll just have to assign my blessings for serving to my basketball team so that they win their first game and I get to watch them in the second round going forward! Meanwhile, I really do enjoy my YW, and it will be fun to get to do something with just a small group of them instead of the whole crowd. (Not that I don't love the whole crowd, but the lower the adult to YW ratio, the more time I can spend actually interacting instead of problem/spat solving.)
No comments:
Post a Comment