I haven't posted about my kittens in a while, so it's time to torture you all with an update.This is from when I first got them, as a reminder (Sabrina is on the right and Aubrey on the left):

And here the near-cats are now (you'd think
they'd quit trying to both get in there at this
point, wouldn't you? Sabrina is on the left
this time, and Aubrey on the right):
Sabrina is absolutely crazy, darting here and there, getting all wound up playing with toys, and never seeming to run out of energy. She's also big on cuddling, and just about the most beautiful cat you'll ever see. She's figured out now that she isn't suppose to climb my leg, chew on strings, or treat hands and feet as toys. And she still loves to wrestle with Bodie, and he really seems to like having a buddy around. She loves to go outside, and will sit forever watching a mole hill waiting for some action. She also loves to stalk birds, and I love the little chirpy sound she makes when she spots one - Clancy always did that, too.
Aubrey reminds me so much of Clancy - she hates to be picked up, but when she chooses to cuddle she settles right in and stays for a good while. She's the one who comes to bed with me immediately, settles into her same spot, and is there when I wake up - I'm sure she leaves during the night, but she's so specific about her place on the bed that you wouldn't know she'd moved at all. She's also the one who gets all frantic while I'm fixing the food - she can be napping before I go into the kitchen, but the second she hears cat food sounds she is underfoot, meowing constantly, as if I might forget in the middle and it's her chore to keep me on task till food is actually on the floor. She's not nearly as much of one to play with toys or the other cats, but she has her moments of playing chase with them, and it always cracks me up to see tiny little Aubrey chasing giant Bodie around the house. She's a total character. As much as she has grown, she's still very tiny, which is a change after all the really big cats I've had. She still hasn't figured out how to lay down gracefully, so she just sort of flops over all clumsily.
And Bodie is doing great. I really think he's gone beyond mere tolerance and actually likes the kittens. He lets them in the guest room (which he thinks is his personal spot), and more than once I've caught him curled up sleeping with them. He used to do that "I'll just pretend you aren't there" thing with them, but now I'll find him with an arm around a kitten while napping, or he'll pin them down then lick their heads. He seems to like being the alpha cat. He does get irritable when he decides its time for a cuddle with me, and one of the kittens is already there. But overall, he's a much more pleasant cat to have around these days.
So there you have it - more than you ever wanted to know about my cats! I like them.
No comments:
Post a Comment