background

March 25, 2010

I have an official contract to list my house!

With a "plan" (all my plans these days are "plans" since I don't seem to be getting anything done on time lately) to officially list it in a week.

I have much cleaning to do between now and then (windows, serious floor scrubbing including baseboards, carpet edging - and bathroom baseboards to complete, plus some painting still to do, and sprucing up the yard). But my agent pointed out that by listing it now I can draw in the buyers looking to take advantage of the first time home buyers credit - it has to be under contract by April 30, but doesn't have to close until by June 30. And of course that credit really appeals to first time home buyers looking for their starter home - which is exactly the group my house fits!

This could end up being a short-term nightmare if it sells quickly. A house just like mine a block over was listed for a whole whopping 14 days and is now under contract for $114,000. 14 days! But better to sell soon and deal with moving early than end up in August still owning a house, right? I really liked this agent - her marketing plan sounds great, and I think she was extremely practical with the listing price she suggested and her suggestions for what to prioritize and what can be ignored for now as far as getting it ready to be listed. She fit my philosophy of not being overly aggressive in the initial pricing, and she totally believes in doing professional photos on all the internet real estate sites to draw people in. Plus she loved my house! Even if she were lying about it, she said all the right things. :)

So now I must get back to work - and you should all be glad you don't live close enough to be called upon for assistance! I'm dreading the garage most of all....

2 comments:

Sibyl Brame said...

How about YM/YW night to give service? Boy Scouts to earn a badge? There should be help available. But then again, maybe you know them all too well? Good luck with all of it!

Heidi said...

I was thinking the same thing...I'm sure you could talk the YW into doing it as a service project. Or force them to do it.