background
July 29, 2010
Sorry, Bodie
(Another cat story no one but me will think is cute!)
So I think I've mentioned that Bodie's favorite toy in the whole world is this long fleece ribbon thing on the end of a stick. He absolutely loves to have me wiggle it around for him to chase, and big fat grumpy Bodie gets quite into it, leaping around like a kitten in his efforts to catch the "prey". Aubrey likes it, too, only she's more of a stealth girl - she hides around corners or under the bed waiting for the chance to "steal" it from Bodie.
While I am very pleased there is something they both enjoy to at least partially make up for being trapped inside all the time, the drawback is that this particular toy requires me to make it go. (As a side note, I'm getting quite good - rhythmic gymnastics, here I come!) Bodie has started dragging it around the house looking for me when he wants to play. As he does this, he makes this kind of whiny mournful little meow - I interpret it as "Mother, where are you? I want to play." But he probably is actually saying "Hey crazy human, get off your rear and make my ribbon go RIGHT NOW!" And because I am a crazy human, I call out to him so he knows where I am. Sure enough, within seconds there is my cat with one end of the ribbon in his mouth and the other 4 feet trailing behind him.
He was calling for me tonight (I was in the living room watching TV, and he was in the bedroom), only he never shows up when I call back to him. He just keeps up this noise he makes, only it's getting louder and angrier. So finally I go look for him. Apparently, I dropped the laundry basket full of clean toys on the stick end of the ribbon, and he was trying with all his might to pull it out - he had that ribbon stretched all the way across the room and couldn't pull the thing loose. I'll have to be more careful, or the neighbors will wonder what goes on in my apartment....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Too funny! I'm glad all you kids get to play together!
Post a Comment