Second problem in the house buying process, after the termites....
So I've had my student loans in the consolidation process for some time now. The consolidation is done, but they hadn't switched my repayment plan yet. I've been calling for roughly 2 weeks now, and every time they tell me that all the paperwork is in and I'm inline for processing - I just need to be patient. Today, they told me I'd been rejected. Why? Because I hadn't submitted a form. What about all those times they told me they had all the paperwork? They have all the supporting paperwork, but they do not have a written request to be on this plan. Huh? In addition to selecting this plan online, you also have to submit a written request. But I signed and mailed in every form it told me to? Well, yeah, this form is in a different place, and it's not really clear online that you have to send in a written request, but you do. If I fax the form in today, can my application get expedited? Nope, it will be another 7-14 days. But I'm buying a house! Sorry, them's the rules. (I am so frustrated with them! Why could someone not tell me in those 2 weeks that a form was missing? Why is the website designed so that it's unclear you have to mail a form as well as click on a button?)
My lender really seems to think that I'll qualify for the loan anyway, and he's sending it through underwriting. I don't see how the numbers add up, but I hope he's right. My seller is already set to move and close on his new house the day following our closing - and if I don't qualify without the change in student loans, it will probably delay my closing by at least a full week.
That's me, making cute little old people homeless, one grandpa at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment