background

October 5, 2010

Yet more evidence that I am an idiot....

I have somehow managed to pay my credit card bill twice.  Apparently I previously scheduled a payment online, but failed to write it into my checkbook.  Then, when I did my bills this past weekend, I went ahead and paid it again.  I put my rent on my card for convenience - which means my credit card is high every month.  My balance now stands at -$935

Thus, at a time in which I must establish assets sufficient to close on my house, my savings balance is lower than I expected.  It's not like I'm losing much financially, since I make around .016% interest right now.  But I was planning to wait and pay my bill next month AFTER closing to keep that money in the bank for the lender's reassurance.

Good thing I had an extra cushion in savings!  And my bill will look really good next month...  :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

OUCH! Well, I guess you can always show your lender how good you are at paying your bills.