The whole "moving in" think - which feels like it should be long done, yet somehow isn't - really took a hit this past week. We started a new term, and as the pre-Law advisor I am also doing an LSAT support group (for lack of a better name) for the test coming up on the 11th. So not as much time for the house. I'm getting very close. A couple of things still don't have a place, though, and I really need to get everything unpacked because I'm feeling the need to clean. That's hard to do when boxes are still stacked on the floor. I've been doing putter-y unpacking today - I didn't give myself a specific project, but I kind of wonder from room to room picking something to do to make it closer to done. It's probably not the most efficient method, but I've been fairly productive at it.
Here are a few more pictures - hopefully not ones I've already posted!
 |
| Dishes unpacked in my new china hutch - it's working out splendidly, even if I do have to take three steps to get a dish! |
 |
| The cats' housewarming gift |
 |
| New light covers, to replace the hideous amber glass ones that used to be there. |
 |
| New cabinet hardware. It looks wonderful with the new cabinets. I didn't put them all up, but I had to see how they'd look, right? |
 |
| "Heidi's room" all put together. I can have company any time, now.... |
 |
| All unpacked and organized in the study. |
 |
| I've always wanted a quilt rack - and now not only do I not have to find storage space for the ones I'm not currently using, but I get to enjoy them as part of the decor. The one in the very back is my new quilt for my bed, but I'm making very happy use of my down comforter right now. Notice I have laundry to fold - that's been there a couple of days. :) |
In other news, I have a grand total of 20 students this term. I'm really enjoying it - small classes are great for discussion, and having less grading to do will give me a bit more time for the "other" stuff that comes with being an actual professor. In addition to a couple of publications I need to find time to work on, we have to rewrite our department/major entry for the next catalog (as soon as we have permission to modify the major and minor, anyway), and I need to write one for pre-Law. And I need to get to work on my portfolio for employment reviews - we do them annually till tenure here, and it will be due in mid-February. That sounds far away, but I'm desperately trying not to be such a procrastinator, at least in my professional life.
Three weeks of my primary class left. I'm going to miss my monkeys, but I did tell them I'd be an emergency sub any time they need one, so long as I'm not off somewhere for the stake stuff. I'd much rather be in primary than relief society! (That's probably horrible to admit, but I don't think it's worse than feeling that way in the first place.)
Oh, and expect lots of future posts about how stinking cold it gets in Iowa. Because it gets stinking cold!
2 comments:
Thanks for the pictures. It all looks very good, and NEAT! Great choices. I'm exhausted just reading about everything you do and have yet to do. Wonder Woman?!
gram
Dad and I are already talking about a visit. Is it legal to visit before Heidi gets to stay in "her" room?
Post a Comment