background

April 19, 2011

Brilliant timing, have I. Brilliant!

Sioux City, my house, April 19, 2011, 6:00 am

Things I am really enjoying
  • Cruise control!  How did I live without it for all these years?
  • A car that does not slide on the road, as I watch others sliding around me.
  • A much better stereo.
  • A "backing up" camera - it's not like it allows me to not physically check by any means, but it's still pretty cool.
  • Instantaneous MPG calculation - I was having a blast trying to keep it up with accelerating and decelerating.
  • Average MPG calculated automatically - no more crazy long division in my head when filling up.
  • Audio controls right on the steering wheel - especially nice since I can't find anything by feel yet
  • Cargo space!  I drove home with my 8-foot quarter round pieces without having to put them hanging out one of the back windows.
  • How spacious it feels with a sunroof - even partly covered with snow.
  • A car that is spectacularly clean inside and out
Things I am not enjoying at the moment
  • Reaching for the clutch, trying to shift, and forgetting to put the car in park while trying to turn it off.  (I am adjusting - but it feels awkward)
  • Waiting for that first scratch, and being one of those obsessive people who parks way out in the lot hoping no one will park within 20 feet of them

No comments: