- washed dishes in my very own dishwasher - it's awesomely quiet! And it looks so much better hooked up in its spot in the kitchen than sitting in a cardboard box in the middle of my living room.
- drank diet Coke chilled with ice from my finally connected icemaker. This wasn't nearly as exciting as the dishwasher, but it is nice to have ice the easy way again.
- rearranged my living room to take advantage of all the boxes finally being out of it. I'm not sure I like it, but I'll get it figured out. I need to come up with a plan that makes it look a little more cozy and a little less long and narrow. Right now I have the couch and chair facing each other both on an angle - I'll give this a chance to grow on me, but if it doesn't my other thought was to put the TV in a corner and have the couch kind of in the middle of the room instead of on a wall. Putting the couch on a long wall just seems to emphasize the bowling alley nature of my space, and it felt incredibly awkward with all my real living room furniture shoved on one side of the room and nothing on the other (that was the storage end during the kitchen remodel).
- did a ton of laundry - if running it through the washer and dryer counts. I either need to get on the folding or find somewhere else to sleep tonight, because I have roughly 6 loads of laundry piled on my bed. (I can go a long time between doing laundry, but I also have to do a bunch of loads because most of my work stuff is delicate.)
- wasted a bunch of time playing a new computer game. It's one of the time management type ones where your character has to complete a bunch of tasks before time runs out and you have to decide how to prioritize. I was building a big farm. Why I enjoy games that involve to much to do and not enough time to do them is beyond me - sounds a lot like real life, only all that stuff still needs done.
- organized all my grading to be done into neat piles. And got depressed about how many piles there are. I'm behind. Grading would have been more productive than Ranch Rush, but not nearly as fun. Besides, I get Monday off as well (after having Thursday and Friday off) - there are some snazzy benefits to working at a Catholic university, including Good Friday!
- searched the internet high and low for the best deal on silicone thumb rings to customize for Youth Conference. I missed the first conference call, and got stuck with this and coordinating chaperons for my jobs. I don't have to line up the chaperons, just make the assignments and then meet and organize them every day. I'm hoping it's not a nightmare. I'm trying to be happy about my job - it could have been organizing the food, after all - but I just don't like dealing with people very much. :) (It's the sociologist in me.)
- was told that I look like I'm in my mid-20s. Obviously this person was lying through his teeth, but it made me happy anyway. Heck, mid-30s would make me happy these days. Of course, it's always possible I was just acting like an idiot...
- watched a lot of basketball, but none of it games I really care about.
- burned a hamburger, because I couldn't get rid of a telemarketer and couldn't bring myself to just hang up on them.
- balanced my checkbook.
- blogged about my incredibly boring life. (Well, the dishwasher part really is exciting.)
background
April 23, 2011
Today, I...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I find your life very interesting and quite exciting because it's so filled with good things. Enjoy it to the max!!
Post a Comment