My sister likes plans, Plan A and Plan B
And often - just in case - Plan C and Plan D
She's really quite good at this planning phase
Her scathing brilliance would leave you amazed
She proposed to turn us from fat into fit
To whittle us down, bit after bit
To have a family that plays games without M&Ms
And looks good in pictures, the hers and the hims
To set aside our sturdy German nature
In hopes that we'll all live a bit longer and later
The pot was created, the challenges flew,
One week of vegetables, green, yellow, and blue
Calorie counting, workouts on the porch, or
A second week of Chinese water torture
And so halfway through, I stop and take stock
I've lost a few pounds (not a stone, but a rock?)
I've tried healthier foods, added fiber and such
Purple potatoes I liked, eggplant not so much
I'm finding that more energetic I feel
I don't need chocolate with every meal!
And I'm actually enjoying the Elizabethan drama
Competition against siblings, Papa, and Mama
So though I whine about sweating, starving and peeing
My thanks to Beth for making me a healthier being.
2 comments:
Good for you! I noticed Beth has lost also. That's great for all of you. Keeep it up.
I love eggplant but the way I like it probably won't work on any weight loss diet plan. Boo Hoo.
I love it!
Post a Comment