On the way home tonight, there was this car that was right on my tail for the longest time. I was going right at the speed limit, and even pulled over as far as possible a couple of times on straight stretches to try to signal the other driver to go ahead and pass. But no, s/he stayed right behind me, too close for comfort. So I finally reached the place where the single lane divides into two lanes and this car goes roaring past me. (Turns out it was a mini-van, too - never feels very cool to get passed by a mini-van!) Within a couple of seconds I can see in my rearview mirror that another car is coming up fast, too, and I'm thinking what is with all the crazy drivers tonight? Only just as this second car pulls up even with me I see it is a police car, and as it just passes me the lights come on and that crazy mini-van driver got pulled over!
All those times I've seen someone speeding and wondered where all the cops were, and tonight it turns out the cop was right there. :) (I probably shouldn't take such joy at another's expense, but this other driver made at least 15 minutes of my drive just miserable!)
No comments:
Post a Comment