
And twin girls to boot! Neither of which (the twin part or the girl part) was my intention when I set out for the Humane Society, but then I don't think I've ever come home with the type of cat I imagined beforehand. There's always some little one that just grabs me, and once it happens that's all there is to it. So now I have 3 children and am thoroughly enjoying them. :) Both of the girls are remarkably healthy for shelter adoptees. And I might be a bit biased, but I think they're pretty darn smart, too. No litter box problems, and both are using scratching posts most of the time already.
This one is Sabrina Bean. She's the older and bigger littermate, 2.25 pounds at 10 weeks of age. She loves to cuddle and is fairly calm for a kitten. The photo doesn't do her justice; she is absolutely gorgeous. She loves to explore and checks every new thing out thoroughly. She's pretty independent - so far she likes to be in the room I'm in, but once there is generally content to entertain herself or curl up for a nap. She's a lot like Clancy - she let's me know when it's time to pay attention to her and when attention time is over, and at night she likes to curl up against me on the bed.
And this is the younger sister, Aubrey Rose. She's a tiny little munchkin, only 1.5 pounds. She thinks she can do everything her big sister can, but she's too tiny to make some of the jumps. (Of course, Sabrina also thinks she can fit anyplace Aubrey can and that hasn't worked either.) Aubrey is a little maniac that does everything at top speed, and she thinks that nightime is intended for tunneling under the blankets in search of toes to wrestle with. She can entertain herself at play time, but so far thinks that she can only sleep if she is somehow positioned on top of me - last night she wanted to sleep on my head, and right now she's draped over one leg.
Bodie is doing remarkably well with them. (He put himself there, I didn't try to make him pose that close!) He seems to like Aubrey best, although I'm not sure why. Maybe she's so tiny she seems less like another cat? He'll rub noses with her, and earlier they were batting paws at each other from opposite sides of the scratching post. He does growl when she does one of her fly-bys right past him, and he's whacked her a couple of times when she decided his tail was a toy. But he hasn't been purposefully aggressive toward her. Maybe he just recognizes a crazy kindred spirit. Sabrina and Bodie are a bit more stand-offish, more in that normal cat "I will co-exist if I must, but only if I can pretend you don't exist" kind of way, but Bodie hasn't really been aggressive toward her either. He'll growl or hiss if she startles him, but so far he's been inclined to leave the room rather than fight. I'm not leaving them alone together yet, but there haven't been any problems while I've been home.
4 comments:
They are sooo cute and I think it's way cool of Bodie to accept them. He will make a good mentor. All kids need one. Enjoy but try not to spoil them too much. gram
They're adorable! But I thought the plan was that you weren't going to "replace" any cats so you wouldn't have to make arrangements to move with them ;)
I am a little surprised that you gave in so quickly, but not too much. They remind me of Casey. Congratulations on your new babies. I'm a grandma of more girls!
Twins! Sheesh, good luck with that...I'll take all my kids one at a time....they are really cute though, i wish they were close enough for Maeli to come play with them.
Post a Comment