Right now, this is my prioritized list - and I'm trying to include everything I want to do to the house, ever, so it does include things that will be a few years down the road.
- Washer/Dryer - the owner has now offered to sell me his, which he had previously excluded from the sale, for $300. I'll take a good look at them tomorrow, but that does give me a cheaper option here if his are in good shape. Otherwise, I'll need to buy new.
- Dining room table, because I gave my away when I moved. It was still probably a good plan - I want something different to suit this space anyway, and I would have needed a bigger U-Haul to get the table and chairs here as well.
- Curtains - most of the old ones are staying with the house, but none of them are my style. And since curtains are fairly inexpensive (at least for what I like) and make such a huge difference in the feel of a space, I moved them up the priority list over a few things that would be more exciting/fun.
- Closet doors - I really don't like the look of those old accordion things.
- Vanity/sink in bathroom - this is another one where what is there is functional, but also one of the few things I actually didn't like about the house.
- Laundry room sink - I haven't had one before, but I like the idea. There's one there, but it's really old and ugly.
- Paint/remove wallpaper in dining room - not every room needs paint, so I'll be able to do the rooms slowly as the urge strikes. The wallpaper in the dining room means that will likely be the first project.
- Kitchen remodel - this can wait, but once I can afford it I'm going to be so excited to make that kitchen perfect.
- Hardwood floors - whenever I get tired of the carpet
- Daybed for the study, for those few occasions when I have more than one guest and they don't want to share a bed.
- Counter/cabinet in laundry room - I've got the space to do it, but this one is definitely when I've run out of other projects. I figure when I remodel the kitchen I'll have the old cabinets, and they can be recycled here.
- New storage cabinets in the basement. There are functional ones, but I want functional and cute (eventually)
Now I just have to make it through the inspection and appraisal processes, and the plan is to close on the 11th of November.
4 comments:
But...but...I want to help!!! How can you do a home improvement project without me? I'm sort of halfway planning to be there around the end of April/beginning of May, so that will give you an excuse to put it all off.
Congratulations!
Heidi, I think I see another bathroom remodel in your future! :P Maybe I could even get the same one, now that we know what we're doing....
You two are a menance!
It sounds good here and even better when we talked today. It's great fun to be able to bring a place up to your own perfection level. Even if it was 'close' when you first got it! Bathroom wise, even if you and Heidi ARE a menace, go for it!
Post a Comment