So, assuming the house sale goes through, I will have a bathroom window for the first time ever. It has the glass blocks, so doesn't need a full curtain for privacy - but it looks rather stark to me. So I thought I'd find a nice valance just to pretty the window up. There was one I really liked - on closeout ($7.99!) - that I found while ordering battenburg lace valances for the kitchen and dining room. (I'd barely bought some for the house in Oklahoma, and then they were included in the sale, but I knew that's what I wanted again after I'd seen this house - but they're kind of hard to find, and I had a very definite idea of what I wanted.) This valance for the bathroom was the last one they had,no returns, but it looked like it would be a good match for my shower curtain so I figured the $7.99 was worth the gamble.
Lo and behold, I got the valance yesterday and found it is a perfect match to my shower curtain. Not as in they coordinate well - it is the exact same fabric, with the exact same embroidered flowers and vines on it, with the exact same scalloped hem with different embroidering along the hem edge.
1 comment:
Lucked out on that one. Good for you. gram
Post a Comment