So today is the first day of Lent, and I am learning a great deal about the season as it is rather a big thing at my current place of employment. In honor of Lent, I am giving up eating out. While this may not be religious for me, it's kind of cool to work at a place where nearly everyone is sacrificing something, so there's some built-in support to meet the goal. And it's lovely that it's short-term - plenty of time to work on developing new eating/cooking habits, without pretending like I'm good enough to last at this forever. Meanwhile, my pocket book can recover from all these kitchen expenses.
So my motives are not exactly correct here, but then again I'm not really Catholic, right?
Day 1 down - and the toughest part was no large Diet Coke for breakfast. Maybe I should have given up Diet Coke instead....
1 comment:
Hey, that's what I'm giving up too! We'll catch up on restaurants when I visit you.
Post a Comment