background

March 6, 2011

More kitchen photos...

Not a great picture, but this is the sink over the window, and this is my intentionally not fancy valance thingy connecting my two skinny upper cabinets.

My also not fancy crown molding.  I like thinks that are simple.  Cabinet stuff can sure get ornate!

Finally, I have a garbage disposal again.  :)  Unfortunately, it's useless until the electrician gets back to finish my outlets.  My fridge and microwave are currently running on extension cords, because those outlets still need to be finished, too.  Only he's currently in Cabo.  Tough life, eh?  Wish I were in Cabo.  Have I complained yet about the fact that it snowed last night here?

The new stretch of cabinets and counters.  Before, that yellow wall was just open.  I was worried a little about my kitchen looking too small and closed in if I extended cabinets there, but it's more cozy than crowded.  I do think leaving that little bit at the end open helps - I didn't want it to feel like walking through a hallway with the little entry nook for the back door right there.  The walls will either be just painted, or a much lighter tile back splash.

The most beautiful of creations - I have a microwave again!  It's snazzy; the turntable is square and it zags around in this funky pattern instead of just rotating.

Unless I change my mind AGAIN, this will be the floor.  Eventually.  I have a lot of prep work to do there, to save a little money.

And last but not least, I totally splurged on these chair cushions.  I fell in love and couldn't get them out of my mind, so I finally just decided to go for it.  This is the first thing that's not a neutral color in the room, so they are going to be the basis of my color scheme.  I just don't know if I'll go green or yellow yet.

1 comment:

Sibyl Brame said...

It's all looking good!!