I logged on to weather.com and noticed a story about severe drought conditions in Texas and Oklahoma - the accompanying photo had a "pray for rain" sign.
Meanwhile, we are frantically praying that the rain here will cease, as rivers already in the moderate flood stage threaten to rise even higher.
It's sort of like being forced to finish your lima beans as a child, while being lectured about the starving children in Africa.*
*Just an analogy. I was never forced to eat lima beans, because my mother only served corn or peas. But if she had, my nemesis would have been lima beans. I always hated that Campbells put 2 of them in every can of ABC soup. :) And I doubt she ever had to encourage me to clean my plate. Although my dad did force me to eat pancakes once....


1 comment:
Weather patterns are askew in so many parts of the world. For us here, it's almost July and we are just now having enough heat for the AC to come on. Not at night yet altho' I'm sure that's coming.
Post a Comment