I don't think anyone would be surprised to turn on the news one night and find out Bodie is a closet serial killer - or whatever the equivalent of that is in cat terms. And I've previously described one or two of Aubrey's catches, which she still likes to bring in the house for a fun little game of stalk and torture. She's my sweet little princess, but I have no illusions that the neighborhood rabbits/squirrels/field mice feel the same.
So who could I possibly be talking about? My charming little old neighbor lady, who blows bubbles in the backyard with her grandchildren, keeps track of the even older other neighbors, and brought me a potted plant to thank me just for allowing the guy delivering the new backyard storage shed to use my driveway.
I was out calling for Bodie, and she came out to tell me she'd seen him earlier hunting in her backyard. I worry about my cats being a neighborhood nuisance, so I apologized and asked if they were being horrible pests. Oh no, not at all, she says. She loves my cats. The rabbits eat her flowers, and she just can't stand those fluffy little adorable things. She likes to watch my cats stalk rabbits while she has her morning coffee, and she roots for them to catch one. The big one (Bodie) is more effective, but she really likes the spunk my little one (Aubrey) has in going after rabbits as big as she is. And they are welcome to chill in her yard any time.
And here I feel horrible every time they catch one. But it's good to know my cats are loved. She may be the only person in the world besides me that likes Bodie....
No comments:
Post a Comment