background

January 24, 2012

More painting pictures


The "new" color in the study - coconut creme.  Only if you saw the study before, it might look the same.  :)  It really is more yellow, just not a very drastic change.

The new closet interior.  Sorry it's sideways!  And not a good picture because there is no room to get it all in the way my room is configured.  But I now have an extra 24 inches of hang space by adding the double row, and an extra foot of shelf space above the long space for dresses.  And all my clothes are in one closet!

The master bedroom paint job - peppermint beige.  It is pinker than I expected, but I also like it more than I expected.

Another shot of the bedroom

The guest room - it used to be pale robin's egg blue.  Now it's "light raffia" - aka beige.  It turned out kind of boring, but I decided it's nice to have a neutral palate there because I won't want to paint the guest room for a long time!  Now I can change up the decor and the walls color should be fine for anything.
I have a new headboard coming for the guest room, to replace the old full-sized one.  (Just the headboard, not the full bed.  And that's a picture from the catalog, not my house.  Because I don't pick it up till this weekend.  And my house isn't that big.)  I decided I was ready for an update - I've had the brass one since law school, and I hate the way it looks with the bigger mattress.  And I like to spoil myself, but I also got a fabulous deal on it.

What will become the closet curtain in the guest room, if I ever get around to sewing it.  I want to get some more of the same fabric for valances for the windows to tie it together.  I forgot to take a picture of my new window shades, which are wonderful now that I have them up!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Wow, you've been busy! I love the paint colors and the new headboard. (When I saw the picture of the bed, I thought, "Why did Wendy stick the bed in the living room? And wait, when did she get stairs?")