Well, it might be more accurate to say that I simply want to reserve my future right to be fickle.
I finally settled on the white door.
 |
| In case you forgot what it looks like! |
I still love the other door. BUT...I wasn't sure I would love it more for the next 25 years, and I wasn't sure I wanted to be stuck with pr have to work around the dark wood color choice - both inside and outside. This way, my door can match my trim, or not, as I choose. And since my entrance is really straight into the living room, I'm not adding yet another wood tone to my furniture/piano collection. I'm not sure I'll want to change door colors at some point, but I didn't want to spend a small fortune and then not be able to paint it if I wanted to. (And I did check on whether the other could be painted if I wanted to - they said a big NO!)
These are my other selections:

It turns out the depth of my jamb is standardly non-standard - it used to be standard, but not for the past several decades. Ah, the house with character strikes again! So I had to buy a conversion kit and pay a little extra for installation - much cheaper than ordering a custom door - but it turns out my deciding the cheaper door was the better choice turned out to be good for more than one reason. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment