background

January 27, 2013

Fresh Paint!

The YM were searching out service projects, and someone ratted me out.  I had a couple of gallons of paint sitting in my living room for a couple of months, planning to get to it after Christmas.  So the YM president asked how I'd feel about letting the 14-18 year old boys from my ward practice their skills....

I was hesitant, but he said they would spend a week going to Lowes for some training in how to paint, and they'd have 2 men (plus me, of course) working alongside 3 YM.  And it's not like my house is a showplace - so I put my hesitation aside and agreed to be served.

The before shot - post moving a bunch of stuff out.  I did all the prep stuff, since they only had a couple of hours to actually paint that night.

Midway through the project.  They actually did a pretty good job - although it's a good thing I was planning to paint the trim anyway!  :)  I didn't get pictures of the process, because I was busy painting and/or freaking out about the others who were painting.  As you all know, I can get a bit high strung at times.



The finished project.  It's a little greener than I expected in certain lights, but it's grown on me.  It feels very bright yet restful at the same time, and most of all it's lovely to have all the holes patched and the walls just a single color.  I still don't have pictures back on the wall, as I can't remember where I put the nails for safekeeping.  :(

No comments: