background

June 18, 2008

Epilogue to the Epilogue, plus Epilogue to the Ark

Epilogue to the Epilogue: Alicia came to mutual tonight, and was really excited to go when I got there to pick her up. The only slightly scary part of the evening came when the bishop asked her if the blue streaks in her hair are permanent and she got worried that blue hair is "against the rules." Other than that, it went smashingly well.

Epilogue to the Ark: I was sort of kidding before, but I'm starting to wonder. It's been raining quite a bit this week - we were up to 13.08 inches through yesterday(that's over 5 inches Monday and Tuesday alone), and it rained more this morning and is suppose to rain again the next two nights. The bridge down from my house is out. And the soccer field is under water. And with all the rain, I keep having frogs show up at my front door, which sort of seems like gathering two of everything? I'd have the cats covered, except for the fact that they are both males, and both neutered.

Speaking of cats and procreating, one of my neighbors came over the other day in search of the father of her cats's seven new kittens. She thinks the paternal "grandparents" should share in the responsibility for them. She seemed very skeptical when I tried to assure her that mine are fixed, but fortunately she's convinced daddy is black so seeing my two grey cats sent her on her way. Only with a "warning" to keep mine away from her cat in case the fixing didn't work, because she doesn't want more kittens. It was the weirdest conversation ever. I'm not quite sure why she doesn't have her cat fixed, and I was too taken aback by the conversation to ask. After all, it's not every day that you get accused of being a deadbeat kitty grandma.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Not the bridge over the dam, right???

Wendy said...

lol - no, the dam is definitely not out. Should it ever go out, you can be guaranteed I won't be sitting in my house blogging about it!

Palagi Mama said...

Tell the neighbor lady she wouldn't have this problem if her cat wasn't such a slut...that should take the wind out of her sails!