background

June 29, 2008

It's not nice to say "I told you so," but...

I mentioned a while back that my currently favorite team - favorite due to the presence of one particular player I've followed since my time at KU - would likely be drafting a point guard. The draft has come and gone, and this sad event has indeed come to pass. As a result, the newspapers and blogs are burning up with "dump Hinrich" chatter right now, which takes all the fun from basketball for me. These are, indeed, dark days.

I'm hoping my guy will get a trade to a decent team, where his talents can be appreciated. And, even though it isn't nice, I can't help hoping that the new guy, the one anointed the franchise savior even though he is only 19 and has never played a game in the NBA, crashes and burns. I know it's not nice to say I told you so, but I'm petty enough to know that I would find immense pleasure and satisfaction in being able to do so.

No comments: