can I be so utterly exhausted, when I've barely accomplished anything today?
Classes start Wednesday morning. I have so much to do. I thought life was suppose to get easier after graduation?
On a positive note, since I'm tired already maybe that means I'm getting into the swing of actually arising and going forth in the morning hours. I hope so - I volunteered to be part of "donuts and directions" on Wednesday morning, so have to be at the school and ready to go at 7:30 am. It's rather silly of me, really, since I don't know how to get anywhere. I am good at donuts, though, so I just told the Student Development lady who was organizing it that I'd be happy to hand out donuts with a smile as long as she got someone else to help with the directions part of it. I figured I should volunteer for something, and new freshman advising was out since I don't get the whole GE system here yet. I'm basically worthless. : )
I met my new faculty mentor yesterday - I doubt it was on purpose, but she's a cat person. We hit it off fabulously. I'm not sure I learned much job related, but it's hard to know what questions to ask when you don't know what you don't know, if you know what I mean. Also yesterday, a history prof wandered down to see what I'd think about helping him start up a pre-law club here. He said they get several students every year planning on going on to law school, and we don't have a pre-law program, or even specific pre-law advising. We get several in the Criminal Justice major thinking about law school as well, and I think I'd enjoy that.
3 comments:
Just remember, there is nothing a law school cares about that your students can control other than their grades and their LSAT score. My pre-law advisor had me running around doing community service and all that drivel. Doesn't make any difference at all.
Sounds like your life is wonderful, new and exciting right now. Enjoy it while it lasts! Love you.
Would you tell them that law school is wonderful, but the profession sucks?
Post a Comment