background

August 14, 2010

Maybe I should get my ears checked?

I had the TV on while loading the dishwasher when I heard this "stay tuned" teaser on the news:

Female reporter:  It's that back-to-school time of year, and all those supplies can really be a financial burden for some parents.

Male reporter:  That's right, Susan!  But after the break, we'll tell you how these high school students turned porn into school supplies for local homeless children...

Female reporter:  I bet their parents are really proud of them.

Yes, it was actually corn they turned into school supplies, by selling it at a booth at the farmer's market this summer, then buying backpacks full of the required supplies for children nominated by various local agencies.

I guess my version wasn't nearly as heartwarming, but it sure caught my attention!

2 comments:

Palagi Mama said...

I bet they would've made more money with porn...

Heidi said...

That's one way to overcome the budget crunch.