Yay, it's over!
The program itself went well, and my kids were pretty well behaved. We had one mid-program melt down in the middle of a song - my clingy child decided she missed her brother and sat down and started crying. Other than that, kids said their parts well. I only had to prompt half of them, and none of them refused to speak. Clingy wouldn't leave my side, so she went first (out of order) and then hung on my arm through the rest of them. One of the counselors was trying to pry her away, and she had both arms wrapped around one of mine holding on with all her strength. Clingy had 3 subsequent breakdowns - it wasn't her turn to carry one of my church bags, she didn't get a turn in sharing time, and she didn't get to be in charge of the crayons for coloring.
They brought cookies to sharing time to celebrate the kids doing such a good job. (Just once I'd like to see the kids do a bad job and whether they get the cookies anyway...) And they gave each kid THREE!!!! Then they had them play that game where two kids have balloons tied around their ankles and try to pop the other kid's. I didn't stand a chance by the time they sent us off to class. We took two water fountain breaks and colored a whole lot. Then I skipped choir practice.
But I want you all to know that I had my part memorized perfectly! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment