 |
| I'm growing more and more fond of this bathroom tile. I think that means I'm stuck with the really old soap dish, though. |
 |
| On the other hand, I absolutely loathe this cabinet hardware. New ones are on the way, but meanwhile I've opted for doors with holes and no handles over these. The kitchen looked better right away with them gone! |
 |
| Shoot, forgot to rotate. Oh, well. It looks great in the space, and all my dishes fit! I won't have to go through swapping out summer dishes for winter ones. (Yes, I have two sets of dishes. I like variety. The winter ones have snowmen and were incredibly cheap.) |
 |
| Still adore this table. All my games fit in the base. It's going to be a tight fit for a little while, since there is now a fridge shoved between that counter edge and the table. |
 |
| Since I couldn't fit a daybed in the study, I went with a sleeper chair instead. Opens up to a reasonably comfortable twin bed. Then again, I had been sleeping on the floor, so my standards were low. :) Isn't it cute, though? I love that I got to have something peppy and red, but don't have to live with it in my living room. The study is going to be my "Mexico" room, eventually. |
 |
| New headboard, much less consumptive of space than my old bed. It's kind of fun to have something a little elegant. |
 |
| New dresser for the master bedroom (and Bodie!) - my dresser is finally nicer than the one in the guest room! You can also see my new second TV. I may have gone a little overboard on the new stuff, but it was a killer sale. And now that I'm used to high def in the living room, that old TV in the bedroom seemed really lousy. |
 |
| New couch - I also have the matching chair-and-a-half. It's chenille, and wonderfully huge and squishy. I kept the old stuff, too, which is now in the basement. I would have passed it on had anyone wanted it, but couldn't stand just to get rid of it. We'll call that my game room and pretend it's not just the corner of an unfinished basement. :) Bodie absolutely adores this couch. It's incredibly comfortable. |
 |
| The best fridge ever! I love this thing, even if it does take up half the dining room right now. I also have a new stove, dishwasher, and microwave. I'm feeling very spoiled. But I saved $200 by buying the whole set now, and they were all on sale for Home Depot's Thanksgiving appliance deal. |
 |
| More out-dated decor - light covers from the living room ceiling fan. It was kind of funny - I was trying to window shop for new covers at homedepot.com, but wasn't sure what they're called. The little live chat window popped up, so I thought I'd get some help - the lady on the other end kept telling me I'd have to buy a whole new thing to get new covers, which I knew was incorrect. I couldn't convince her though. She told me to contact the manufacturer to figure out what would fit, even though I told her they were standard 2 1/4 inch. I found exactly what I wanted in the actual store - and the employee there told me their online chat people are idiots. :) (In her defense, I guess, I'm sure it is hard to understand when someone describes a part, rather than seeing it for yourself.) |
I will never again move on the same day I have to do an auxiliary training meeting! (Then again, I swore I was never going to move again at all, so that would take care of it, right?)
THE MESS -
 |
| The pile has grown substantially, and that's with me occasionally stopping to break down a box or two. It was much easier to manage before the furniture got here. |
 |
| Pre-furniture mess - this was my "office" for several days. Not a good set-up for the last week of the term. |
 |
| Trying to squeeze everything into my few cupboards. Once the old fridge is gone I'm going to turn its little cubby into a pantry to fix my storage issues. Don't you love the ancient stove and microwave? |
 |
| No room at the inn! We kept putting random stuff in the kitchen to "be out of the way." I'm sure the men would have been happy to put things where I really wanted them, only I had to be at auxiliary training shortly so there wasn't time. I was in "get it off the truck and I'll deal with it later" mode. Well, it's later, and it's a mess to deal with! |
 |
| I've realized the problem with moving into a small space is that, with everything in the right room, there is suddenly no space to move furniture and unpack. But it's getting done slowly. |
 |
| This room is actually close to done, only now it's buried under the emptied boxes from other rooms. |
Still to come (circa 2020?) - photos of the completion. Don't hold your breath.... :)
(I do still adore this house, and it felt like home even when I was sleeping on the floor. Just keep that in mind when I complain about how tired I am of moving and mess!)
2 comments:
I'm exhausted just looking at the empty boxes! I like what you've got done, and the red couch!
I love all the new stuff! And I wish I was there helping you unpack!
Post a Comment